A woman who has lost breast volume but doesn’t necessarily want to change the size of her breasts may want to think about a breast lift (mastopexy). This procedure can help to raise and firm breasts by removing excess skin and tightening the breast tissue.
Women considering a breast lift have likely lost breast volume due to: pregnancy, breastfeeding, weight fluctuation, age and/or heredity.
You are a good candidate for a breast lift in Grand Rapids if:
- You are physically healthy and maintain a stable weight
- You don’t smoke
- You have realistic expectations
- You feel that your breasts sag, or have lost shape or volume
- When unsupported, your nipples fall below the breast crease
- Your nipples and areolas point downward
- One breast is lower than the other
The results of a breast lift can be visible immediately, and improve over time as long as a woman keeps a healthy lifestyle and maintains her weight.