Losing weight is difficult, but even after you succeed, you still might not have the body you want. Sagging skin creates a bumpy and uneven appearance, but a body lift can smooth those bumps and make your body look firmer and healthier.
What Is A Body Lift?
A body lift tightens sagging tissues to give your body a firmer appearance. It is most commonly used to help sagging on the upper arm, buttocks, thighs and hips, especially after massive weight loss or pregnancy. Incisions are made to help tighten the skin in the desired area, giving you a smoother body.
What Are the Benefits of A Body Lift?
A body lift helps give you the body you want. Exercise isn’t always enough to reshape your body, so even after you lose weight, you still might not have the body you want. A body lift helps to smooth out skin and improve the shape and proportion of your body, improving your appearance and boosting your self-esteem.
Who Is a Good Candidate for A Body Lift?
Both men and women who have sagging tissues from weight loss are good candidates for a body lift. However, it is best for individuals who are going to maintain a healthy lifestyle to maximize and keep the results. In addition, the following should apply to you:
• You are emotionally and physically healthy enough for surgery.
• You have realistic expectations and know what the surgery can and cannot do.
• You accept the risks.
• You know why you want this surgery.
What to Know First?
Before you go in for surgery, you must have a full understanding of what to expect.
• Recovery usually takes about 2-3 weeks.
• There will be scars, but they are easily concealed with little clothing.
• A body lift is not an alternative to healthy weight loss, but you may lose some pounds during the procedure.
• The results are long-lasting, but you must maintain a healthy lifestyle, and normal aging does affect your results.
Get the body you want with a body lift that gives your body a smoother and firmer appearance. For more information or to schedule your consultation, contact Dr. Ryan Dodde at Plastic Surgery Arts of West Michigan.