Tips and Reasons to Choose an Experienced Plastic Surgeon
All doctors are not made or taught the same. If you are considering plastic surgery, the best option is to choose a board-certified plastic surgeon. When you choose a doctor who doesn’t specialize in plastic surgery to do your cosmetic procedure, you are not choosing the best!
Why Choose a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon?
Plastic surgeons specialize in cosmetic procedures, so it makes the most sense to choose them to do your procedure. However, there are many people who choose other doctors for their plastic surgery, and many of them quickly regret it. One woman underwent unnecessary laser liposuction by a cardiologist and was left with burn scars on her legs. Another woman developed a staph infection after getting a facelift by her ENT surgeon. Another example is an emergency room physician who performed a tummy tuck procedure on a woman that failed, leaving her with a scarred, lumpy belly.
Tips for Choosing a Top-notch Plastic Surgeon
If you’re going to have plastic surgery, choose a plastic surgeon to perform the procedure. To find a qualified doctor, follow these tips.
- First check with your state’s Board of Medicine to verify the doctor has not had their license revoked or suspended.
- Make sure your doctor is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery is also a qualified organization for a doctor to belong to.
- Use doctor-rating websites to research possible surgeons.
- Ensure the doctor you choose does not perform procedures outside their scope of license.
- Ask your physician or nurse. They should be able to tell you if a doctor has a bad reputation in the medical community.
When choosing a surgeon for your cosmetic procedure, don’t risk it. Choose a top-notch and board-certified plastic surgeon. While you may trust your cardiologist with your heart, don’t trust them with a facelift or tummy tuck. For more information about plastic and cosmetic surgery, contact Dr. Ryan Dodde at Plastic Surgery Arts of West Michigan.