If you have moderate or severe facial wrinkles or folds, or if you want to enhance your lips, Restylane may be a great solution for you. This injectable filler can help reduce the effects of aging in your face.
Why get Restylane treatments?
Restylane helps temporarily add volume to facial tissue and restore a smoother facial appearance. These injections can help combat facial aging lines, crow’s feet, and forehead wrinkles. If your lips have grown thin from age, or if you want lips that appear fuller, this may also be a good solution for your cosmetic needs.
How does Restylane work?
Restylane is an injectable filler that is made with Hyaluronic acid (HA) and lidocaine. It is specifically formulated to act like your body’s own Hyaluronic acid, and it eventually breaks down naturally.
Restylane Results and Recovery
After the injections, you may experience some swelling, redness, pain, bruising, or tenderness at the injection site. These symptoms are typically mild and they last less than 7-14 days, depending on where you were treated.
After your initial treatment, follow-up sessions are normally recommended around every 6-12 months, depending on the individual and the treatment.
Who makes a good Restylane candidate?
You may be a Restylane candidate if you have the following traits:
- You are in reasonably good health
- You have realistic expectations for the outcome of your procedure
- You do not smoke
- You are emotionally stable
- You do not have a history of severe allergies
- You are not allergic to gram-positive bacteria
- You have never been hospitalized for allergies to drugs
- You are not allergic to lidocaine
- You do not have a bleeding disorder
- You have severe facial wrinkles or folds
- You wish to enhance your lips